Volunteer at Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School
There are nearly 600 students and 100 staff at Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School (TGNS) and most of them are hoping to have someone care for them this year.
Here's how you can help:
- A TGNS mentor meets their student each week.
A mentor is asked to spend time getting to know their student through activities, games, and working on lessons. A mentor is a person that wants to spend time with a student and doesn't ask for anything in return.
- A classroom champion helps a teacher during class.
These tasks can include helping students with lessons and projects or even making copies. Many of our students and mentors have different backgrounds and different life experiences. We believe these relationships allow us to love each other and love God more than we ever have before.
- Adopt a staffer.
We know that some of you want to support TGNS but aren't available during the school day. We've created a way for you to support the teachers and staff who work hard to create a safe learning environment for students and their families. This includes the custodians, nurses, office workers, and lunch team, not just teachers and administrators. Sign up to send monthly encouragement notes and a couple of small gifts per year--this allos us to pour into those who pour so much into others.
Interested in being a Mentor or Classroom Champion? Here's how it works.
- Fill out a background check form. IPS only notifies people who have not passed the background check.
- You'll then receive an email from us with information about your student.
- With questions, email email@example.com.
Interested in adopting a staff member?
- Pick up a card with a person's information.
- Email TerriKilgore@thecreek.org
Interested in the LifeBridge afterschool program?
- Sign up Register.online.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.