Philosophy of Ministry: As a staff we will follow Philippians 2:1-8 as a model of Christ-honoring servant leadership. The Creek’s mission (317) is to Love God, Love People, and Make Disciples by connecting people to Jesus through our seven priorities of Worship, Gospel, Kingdom, Scripture, Identity, Community, and Generosity.
Accountable to: Campus Pastor for Shelby Street activities, congregational matters and administrative oversight—Children's Director for Children’s Programming—Student Pastor for Student Programming
Purpose: To serve Jesus at The Creek Shelby Street and Franklin Road by providing safe, fun and creative environments and programs where students/children can develop a strong and active foundation of faith and help develop a love for God and others; where parents are encouraged and equipped to be the primary spiritual influence in their student/child’s life; and where families and the church family can grow in their relationship to God and each other.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish ministry goals and objectives in junction with centralized ministry.
- Develop volunteer staff and oversee programming for Access Special Needs, Nursery, Preschool, Elementary, and Student Ministry at the Shelby Street Campus.
- Promote events and attend opportunities outside the church which support and enhance both Children’s and Student Ministry.
- Be available to mentor children and students, along with their families, to prepare them for baptism.
- Develop the annual budget in accordance with student and children’s programming.
- Attend and participate in church functions designed for the entire church (The Creek), and for the Shelby Street Campus.
- Champion Shelby Street communication efforts with Children’s and Student Team Leads as they coordinate with the Communications Team for media, eNewsletter, and Facebook posts.
- Communicate clearly with students and parents.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, Pastoral Response, Care Appointments, Welcome to the Creek, etc.
- Attend weekly Shelby, Children’s and Student Staff meetings. Attend Staff Gatherings and Mentoring Groups.
- Maintain regular office hours at either the Franklin Road Campus or Shelby Street Campus, while keeping a majority of hours on Wednesday and Thursday at the Shelby Street Campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
All responsibilities are subject to change based on needs and development of these ministries and the Shelby Street Campus as a whole.