The Creek believes the local church is an expression of the body of Christ, a community knit together by the Holy Spirit in order to bring God glory and advance God’s work in the world. Commitment to a local church is a sacred relationship that unites followers of Jesus together. Participation in a local church should be characterized by deep relationships, sincere love, genuine accountability, and shared mission. The Creek welcomes all people into partnership with our faith family who profess faith in Jesus Christ, adhere to our statement of beliefs, have been baptized, and are committed to accomplishing our mission and vision and embodying our priorities. Our hope and prayer for each person at our church is full engagement.
Love God, Love people, Make Disciples.
Connecting People to Jesus
- Worship | We seek God’s presence and honor in everything we do.
- Gospel | We proclaim the good news of Jesus and center our lives on his teaching and example.
- Kingdom | We desire to see the fame and deeds of God renewed in our day – in Indianapolis
and around the world.
- Scripture | We delight in God’s word and live it out on a daily basis.
- Identity | We receive God’s love and embrace our adoption as sons and daughters.
- Community | We value relationships and build our lives together as family.
- Generosity | We share our resources to enrich others and advance God’s kingdom.
Partners in our faith family can expect The Creek to:
- Faithfully proclaim the gospel of Jesus and accurately teach sound doctrine, in accordance with the Scriptures and our statement of faith.
- Focus the ministry of the church toward embodying our priorities and accomplishing our mission and vision, both individually and collectively.
- Shepherd those in the church toward maturity in the faith and wholeness in Christ.
- Equip those in the church for the work of ministry.
- Pray for the needs of the body, especially those who are sick and in need.
- Steward the financial resources entrusted to the church with wisdom, integrity, and transparency.
- Appoint leaders who strive to live a life that is above reproach, worthy of Christ, and worthy of emulation.
- Communicate about the health and direction of the church honestly and transparently.
The Creek expects partners in our faith family to:
- Align with the doctrinal beliefs of our church, expressed in our statement of faith.
- Engage with and live out The Creek’s mission, vision, and priorities.
- Maintain unity with the body and with one another, giving no place for pride, bitterness, gossip, slander, or division.
- Resolve conflict as quickly as possible, motivated by love and a desire for restoration, in accordance with biblical directions.
- Pursue personal holiness in all areas of life, in accordance with the Scriptures.
- Prioritize weekly worship gatherings and pursue deep, meaningful relationships characterized by encouragement and accountability with others at The Creek.
- Use their time, talents, and spiritual gifts for strengthening the body and serving the community.
- Give generously to support the ministry of the church.
- Submit to the spiritual authority of the elders at The Creek, making the work of leadership a joy.
As a baptized follower of Jesus, I hereby affirm (or reaffirm) my desire to partner with the faith family at The Creek, by the prompting of the Holy Spirit, for the glory of God. I am in agreement with The Creek’s statement of faith and desire to embody the Creek’s priorities and carry out The Creek’s mission and vision. I am committed to being actively engaged in this church family. I understand and agree with the expectations The Creek has of me, as well as the expectations the Creek has agreed to on my behalf. I recognize this relationship can be dissolved at any time, either by my choosing or by the decision of the elders of The Creek.
* Send us an email if you have questions. firstname.lastname@example.org